Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jalapeno Dip



The Super Bowl is this weekend and I think for the first time in years we aren't marking the event with a party; I think my hubby and I are still recovering from our New Year's Eve bash. In the past we've had some major super bowl parties with totally amazing food, but this year we are taking it off. ( I hate to say it, but I'm not going to miss it) I do have some awesome party recipes for your big party, I hope you enjoy them all. Try this, or these, or maybe even these, now don't forget this yummy recipe.  You are set, now get out there and cook up a storm!
Ingredients

2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (reduced fat may be used)

1 cup mayonnaise, Hellmans is the best

1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained

1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeƱo peppers, drained (you can use fresh ones too if you want)

½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese

½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup Panko breadcrumbs ( If you haven't started using Panko breadcrumbs, you need to; they are the best)

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cooking spray
Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.  In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, jalapeƱos, and shredded cheeses.  Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined.  Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approximately 9 x 9-inches). I love to use my Pampered Chef round stone dish, it holds the heat in nicely.
In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined.   Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish.  Spray lightly with cooking spray.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden.  Serve warm with baguette slices, vegetables, or corn tortilla chips. This recipe reheats beautifully.
This dip has a nice spicy kick to it, make sure you
have a refreshing beverage close by.

Enjoy


Source: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment