Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies

If you are like me and are ready to be done with sugar FOREVER here is a recipe for you, and it only has a tiny bit of sugar in it. I'm going to a friend's ornament exchange party tomorrow and I thought this would be the perfect thing to bring. ( I'm also going to bring a plate of Rum Balls, everyone loves a little booze at lunchtime) I found this recipe at one of my favorite sites and have shared it with numerous friends and everyone loves it.

1 pkg Lil Smokies
1 lb. bacon
1 cup brown sugar
toothpicks

Wrap 1/3 piece of bacon around each lil smokie and secure with toothpick. Line up in 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until bacon becomes crisp. This recipe tastes great hot or at room temperature.



                I forgot to take a picture of it right out of the oven and was lucky to get this shot.

Enjoy!

2 comments: