Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Springtime wreaths

Spring is here, well at least in my town here in Florida. The weather is warm and I am once again wearing flip flops and capris. I've been so excited to hang my new springtime wreaths on my front door and what better day than the day after V-day. I've had so much fun making these cute wreaths and think you will too.
My front doors

Supplies
Styrophone wreaths (the ones with the smooth surface)
Low temp glue gun and glue
Felt
Scissors

Cut felt into 4 inch squares then cut the squares into 3 inch circles. Follow the picture tutorial to see how to cut the felt into spirals. Wind the cut fabric up to make a rosette. Glue rosettes onto styrophone wreath, placing them close together.
Start cutting the felt into a spiral
Keep going
It will look like this when you are finished
You take the center of the curl and start wrapping it around
and around itself until it makes a rosette. Tack last piece
of felt flap down with glue
Close up of rosettes
I wrapped pink ribbon around the finished wreaths and
tied a bow to hang them
I love the colors I chose! ( Olivia says that sounds like I'm
bragging, but hey, I like em)
Happy Springtime!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment