Monday, January 17, 2011

Ashley Potatoes

Years ago we had a Super Bowl party where I told each guest to bring the one food they were 'famous' for. Who knows who won the game that year or even what teams played, all that was remembered was the food. Our friend Ashley brought these potatoes, and let me tell you, these aren't your mother's funeral potato casserole recipe. I love making these when we are having ham for dinner, so this is definitely worth remembering around Easter time.

Ingredients
large container of sour cream
2 cans cream of celery soup
4 cups cheddar cheese
hash browns, I like to use the bar type, but you can use regular hash brows
butter
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Line bottom of 9x13 pan with hash browns, I like to put some up the sides of the pan as well. In a large bowl mix sour cream, cream of celery soup, 3 cups cheddar cheese and salt and pepper. Pour over hash browns and add remaining cheese to top. Dot with butter and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and center is no longer really jiggly. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. ( I have used reduced fat sour cream and reduced fat soups and while the consistency is a little runnier the taste isn't compromised too much)

Ingredients
This pan is smaller than a 9x13, that's why I have hash browns
bordering it. Sometimes I buy two packages of the browns so that 
I can do this on a larger pan. I think it makes the dish

Mix the sour cream, soup and cheese
I like a lot of pepper in mine
Sprinkle cheese on top and dot with a few chunks of butter
Yumm out of the oven!
Ready to eat! ( mine is a little runny since I used
a smaller pan and the regular sized recipe)

Enjoy!

1 comment: