Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Caprese Salad


Marrying into an Italian family really helped widen my food experiences,  I had never eaten stuffed shells or italian sausage with sauce. I've learned to make great red sauce and I pride myself on my lasagna, but a good salad is a work of art. I love ordering Caprese salads in restaurants, but always have a hard time getting all the flavors into that one perfect bite. I came up with my own version of this classic salad and found that it makes serving it much easier.


Ingredients
4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Fresh Basil, cut into thin strips
4 ounces fresh Mozzarella
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Slice tomatoes into slices and place into a dish. Add olive oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper, let sit for 20 minutes to marinate. Meanwhile cut basil into thin strips and cut mozzarella into small pieces. Add basil and cheese to tomatoes and mix, taste to see if salt or pepper needs to be added again. Serve immediately.
Serves 4
Ingredients
Slice the tomatoes
Add oil to tomatoes
Look at that yummy garlic and salt and pepper!
Fresh basil is one of my favorite foods
Fresh Mozzarella is the key to this salad
Cut it into smaller pieces and add to salad bowl
Dig in!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for letting me in on this wonderful salad. I made this for a neighbor and was told that it was better than the Caprese they got in Italy! You are awesome! Keep the great food coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys like this recipe, it's a winner every single time! @Nicole, I was thinking of you the whole time while making this! xo

    ReplyDelete