Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Craisin and Pistachio Goat Cheese Log

I love appetizers, so much so that I'm thinking of hosting an appetizer and dessert party. I feel like if you go all out to make amazing appetizers they tend to get pushed to the side during a dinner party, no one wants to ruin their appetite. But if that is all that you are serving, then you can really go wild will tons of  fun apps. This cheese log has a sweet tang that is balanced with the creamy taste of the goat cheese, it is a crowd pleaser.

What is your favorite appetizer?

Ingredients
8 ounces Goat Cheese
1 cup finely chopped pistachios
1 cup finely chopped Craisins
Crackers

Place chopped pistachios and chopped Craisins into a gallon sized ziploc bag, then carefully add  goat cheese log into bag and gently shake until craisins and pistachios evenly coat the cheese. Wrap in saran wrap and chill until 20 minutes before serving. Serve with hearty crackers.
Chop the nuts and crasins finely
I love the colors in this appetizer.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite appetizer is a BLT dip that my very sweet wife makes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete