Sunday, February 6, 2011

Love Bites

Today while lying in bed with a bad back this recipe came into my mind. I knew I had frozen cookie dough all rolled out in the freezer, I had white royal icing in my fridge and a tub of chocolate frosting, an idea was born. These little cuties are super easy to make and a great gift for Valentines Day. I'm going to say they are even diet conscious, as long as you only eat one! Good luck with that.

Ingredients
Heart shaped cookies
Tub of chocolate frosting
Royal icing ( I dyed my white icing to a bright pink)
Valentine Jimmies

Bake cookies according to recipe and let cool. Place chocolate frosting into frosting bag with #4 tip. Frost one side of heart cookie and top with another heart. Frost the top of the cookie sandwich with royal icing,
(I used this) and sprinkle with various jimmies.
My Valentine collection of jimmies is growing
Mini heart cookies waiting for some frosting
Place chocolate frosting on one side of heart and make a sandwich 
mmm, these look good just like this
These cuties are ready to get dressed up
Pipe some royal icing on the top
And sprinkle with jimmies
A whole plate of mini Love Bites
I love that you can see the chocolate oozing out


Enjoy!

1 comment: