Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oreo Frosting

I've been itching to bake something and not necessarily keep the goodies in my house, so when the perfect opportunity arose I jumped on it! I've been helping with a scholarship pageant at my daughter's high school, and this week the contestants have to stay after school every day AND the competition is this Saturday, so I thought hmmm Oreo chocolate cupcakes, YES! I once again started with a boxed cake mix and made some awesome chocolate cupcakes. I like bigger cupcakes so I tend to only get 18 instead of the regular 24. I ended up making 18 chocolate and 18 vanilla so I doubled the recipe and still had a good bit of frosting left over. I love a lot of frosting on my cupcakes. I donated ALL of them, well I did eat ONE, yes ONE! Check out the carrier I used.


Ingredients for frosting
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 c butter, softened
8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup crushed oreo cookies, do this in the food processor or blender
Small oreos for the garnish

Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy, add in vanilla and powdered sugar one cup at a time. Blend. Next add in the crushed oreos and mix until all combined. Place in a piping bag with a LARGE tip. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a mini oreo.

Ingredients for frosting
Finely chop oreos in food processor
Blend the cream cheese and butter until creamy
Look how good that looks, makes you want to lick the beater
I like my cupcakes to have a dome on top
I used a large star tip to pipe the frosting
Ready to get to work
Done!


Enjoy!
Source: Cupcake Project

No comments:

Post a Comment