Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Pizzas (low fat)

I don't think you should have to spend a lot of time prepping and cooking dinner in order to have a fantastic meal. Easy and quick dinners are where it's at, and this recipe sure fits the bill. I marinated my chicken breasts using Grill Mates Baja Citrus marinade and the flavors were awesome. We served this with a salad and the family loved it.

4 Mission brand whole wheat 96% fat free tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chopped cooked chicken- I de-boned 2 chicken breasts and marinated/cooked them.
1/2 cup green salsa verde
1 small can olives, sliced
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1/2 cup reduced fat 4 Cheese Mexican cheese
1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oven to 400. Place tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until crisp. While tortillas are baking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil, stirring frequently, until tender; remove from heat. Stir in chicken, salsa and olives. Spread sour cream on tortillas. Top with chicken mixture, chopped tomatoes, cheese and cilantro. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with an additional teaspoon of salsa verde.
Serves 4
I marinated my chicken and then cooked it in my favorite pan
Ingredients
I've learned to dice onions in my cooking class
Bake tortillas for 5 minutes
After cooking onions take off heat and add chicken, salsa, and olives
Yumm
Chop tomatoes and cilantro
Spread small amount of sour cream on top of tortilla
Top with chicken mixture
Add tomatoes, cilantro and cheese. Return to oven for 5-6 minutes
I cut mine into 4 pieces using a pizza cutter. 

Enjoy!

Source: The Sister's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment