Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hummus with fresh basil

I've been wanting to make hummus for a long time, and since were at the beach this week I thought this would be the perfect food to prepare ahead and bring. It was super easy and fit great into my awesome Garnish containers!
Hummus with fresh basil

Ingredients
3 cans(14.5 Oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
⅓ c plus 1 TBSP Tahini (asian aisle in store)
4 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
½ whole lemon, juiced
1 to 1 1/2 t ground cumin
Salt to taste
4-5 springs fresh basil 
3 TBSP to 5 TBSP cold water
1 TBSP olive oil

I dumped all of my ingredients except water into my food processor and let it go. I had to take the lip off a few times to scrape the sides down. Slowly add water until hummus reaches the consistency you like. Remember to taste this recipe, this should be how YOU like it. Refrigerate if not eating right away. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.


Ingredients
Look at my cute purse in the background
Dump everything in
Turn it on
I added my fresh basil towards the end of 
the blending process
I'm so excited for everyone
to try my fresh hummus!

Enjoy!


Source: Adapted from the Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment