Monday, March 7, 2011

Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi

Remember a few weeks ago when I was eating Mahi Mahi every day?  I'm still craving it and had all of the ingredients in the house for this recipe so I guess I'm #winning. My husband and son are going to be sad that they went camping instead of staying home and enjoying this delicious meal. I plan on serving it over white rice with green beans on the side.

Ingredients 
3 TBSP honey
3 TBSP soy sauce ( I always use reduced sodium)
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root ( I use this instead of fresh)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp olive oil
4 (6 oz) mahi mahi fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP vegetable oil

In a shallow glass dish stir together the hone, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.

Heat vegetable oil in skillet over med-high heat. Remove fish from dish, reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily. Remove fillets to platter and keep warm. (I used frozen fillets and poured the marinade over them, placed cling wrap on top of bowl and let sit on counter until fully defrosted, marinating the whole time)


Pour remaining marinade into the skillet and heat over high heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistency. Spoon glaze over fish and serve.
 I only made 2  fillets, but used the regular amount of
marinade, I like it saucy..just like me
Look at that rich color, I love the honey
sliding down the bowl
Ginger, yumm
Salt and pepper fillets
Pour marinade over fish and marinate
Fry on each side for 4-6 minutes
Reserve leftover marinade
Reduce marinade until thick
Ready to go on the fish
Pour marinade over mahi mahi and
Enjoy!


Source: All-recipies

2 comments:

  1. as far as i'm concerned, any fish that's not glazed with something isn't worth eating. this is a fantastic preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace, I feel the same way about glazing fish.

    ReplyDelete