Friday, April 1, 2011

Pork with Cranberry Sauce

            Pork is always such a quick and easy thing to make for dinner. I always keep tenderloins my freezer, and have even started buying larger ones at Sam's or Costco and cutting them down myself. This saves money and also since my family is getting smaller I'm able to control the portions better. 

Ingredients
1 pork tenderloin
salt and pepper to taste
3 TBSP olive oil, divided
3 TBSP butter, divided
½ whole medium onion
1 c chicken broth
½ c store bought cranberry  sauce

In an oven proof skillet heat up 2 TBSP oil and butter. Season pork with salt and pepper, more is better. Sear in skillet on all sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Place in a 425 degree oven until internal temp reaches 140. Remove and let rest.

In a sauce pan add remaining oil and butter and cook onion for a few minutes. Next add chicken broth and cranberry sauce, bring to a boil and let reduce.  Remove sauce from heat and using an emulsion blender puree sauce.  Slice pork and ladle sauce over the top.  Serve immediately. 
Heavily salt and pepper pork
Place in hot skillet and sear all sides
Ready for the oven
Ingredients for the sauce
Cook onions in butter and olive oil
Add chicken stock
Then pour in the cranberry sauce
Ramp up the heat and get a nice boil
Let reduce
I wanted my sauce a little smoother so I blended it
quickly
Spoon over sliced pork

Enjoy!

Adapted from: Pioneer Woman

2 comments:

  1. i was all set to argue that nothing pairs with pork as well as apples, and then oranges come in second, but this is delectable! i had no idea cranberries could be so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a cooking class recently that paired pork with cranberry so I thought I'd give it a chance, I think it goes well together.

    ReplyDelete