Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Copper Penny Salad

When I was growing up and our family would get invited to a party my mom would always make copper penny salad. It's easy, transports well and tastes even better after a few days in the fridge. Luckily for me my husband and kids love this salad too so we make it often during the summer months. I'm not sure if this is a Utah recipe but since I was raised in Utah I count it as one, kind of like jell-o salads and funeral potatoes.

Ingredients
1 can 10 oz tomato soup
1 c sugar
1/2 c vinegar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
4 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced 
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced

Combine tomato soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and mustard in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the hot dressing over carrots, onion and green pepper. Marinate 24 hours. Salad will keep in refrigerator for 2 weeks. Makes 12-16 servings. 

Ingredients
I  used my Pampered Chef cutter, the carrots
are so much cuter when cut like this
I like to store my cut ingredients in a large
ziploc bag
Bring soup mixture to a boil before pouring over
carrots, onions and green pepper.
Enjoy! 
Source; Lion House Recipes 

No comments:

Post a Comment