Saturday, April 9, 2011

Roasted Baby Carrots and Broccoli

I've been wanting to get over to  the gourmet grocery store for a long time and today it finally happened. I had in my mind exactly what I wanted to get; they have awesome stuffed chicken fillets and I've been craving them. I bought two different kinds so Tom and I could share, one was filled with spices and goat cheese, the other one had pesto, sun dried tomatoes and feta. I also bought some super cute baby carrots and broccoli to roast. And wouldn't you know it, the best part of the meal was the stuff I made? The chicken was just all right, I was so bummed. My carrots turned out great so I want to share them with you.  These were so flavorful that both Tom and I ate all of our veggies before even touching our chicken. Next time I'll make my own chicken and forgo the gourmet market.

Ingredients
Baby Carrots
Broccoli
Olive Oil
Freshly chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper

Place carrots and broccoli in roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper, add chopped garlic and mix. Roast at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Before the oven
After cooking. I love how the colors are still so bold, you 
don't get that with boiling veggies!
Look how gorgeous this plates up!!


I did score something else at the store, a hydroponically grown basil plant. 
Isn't it cute? You place it in a small amount of water and 
keep it on the counter for use.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. boy, roasting makes a world of difference when it comes to particular veggies, and broccoli is one of those veggies. the carrots make a nice partner, both in color contrast and flavor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace I must agree, roasting makes all the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete