Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lasagna with Meat Sauce

I love inviting friends over for dinner, I think mealtimes are where friendships are solidified. To me food is love, and I love to share my love with others. Lasagna is one of my favorite things to make, it feeds a crowd and is super easy. My son's girlfriend Julia loves lasagna so I try to make it at least once a month for her.  I love to use my meat sauce recipe for the red sauce, but with canned sauces tasting so good it's not a deal breaker to buy store bought sauce.

Ingredients for Lasagna
1 box no boil lasagna noodles
15 ounces part skim ricotta
4 c mozzarella cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs ( I like the Italian version)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 bag fresh spinach
1tsp garlic salt
Pasta Sauce (two bottles if store bought)

Preheat oven to 350
In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, 1 cup mozzarella and garlic salt. Use a 9x13 pan and start with some red sauce and place noodles on top of sauce. Spread out some of the ricotta mixture on top of noodles. Then place a large handful of spinach on top of ricotta mixture, top that with red sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process 3 times. Top lasagna with cheese and place a tin foil tent over top. Bake for 30 minutes with foil, then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

Ingredients
Ricotta mixture
First layer of noodles 
Then some ricotta spread evenly over noodles
Next spinach
Some red sauce and cheese
I like to alternate directions of my noodles for each layer
I topped mine with some fresh basil
Out of the oven
Yum! Who got the first piece?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment