Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spring Rolls

I love ordering Spring Rolls when I go out to eat, they are always so pretty and taste great. I tried to make some last year but the only rice paper I could find was HUGE, the poor rolls looked like burritos. This weekend I found some smaller paper, about the size of a salad plate,  and decided to give it another try. I did take a picture of all of the ingredients, but somehow my camera ate it.

Ingredients
Rice Paper
Asparagus, blanched
Cilantro
Bean sprouts
Shredded carrots
Shrimp, cooked
Cucumbers, thinly sliced

I like to use Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping, but you can make your own Thai dipping sauce.


Fill large bowl of hot water, place only one rice paper in water, let sit for around 30 seconds.
Fully submerge rice paper.
Take out and lay flat on counter. 
Place veggies and shrimp at the 9 o'clock position 
Fold bottom over
Bring the 3 o'clock position to meet the 9 o'clock
Now take the remaining side and bring it up
Pull everything tight as you roll
Press to seal it
Place on plate
I love the Sweet Chili Sauce to dip them in
Ready for dinner.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look Yummy Christina! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim, they are not as tight as I'd like them to be, but they tasted so good. It will be a perfect dinner during the hot summer.

    ReplyDelete