Saturday, January 15, 2011

Memphis (sweet) Barbeque Sauce

I made this barbecue sauce today and it's a winner; sweet with a kick. It's super easy and it tasted great slathered on the smoked chicken my husband made. I forgot to take an 'after picture', and there were no leftovers...guess that's a good thing :)


Ingredients 






  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 large onion finely chopped
  • 2 red chili seeded and chopped
  • 500ml or 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons molasses
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons English mustard (ready mixed, not powdered)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Juice of a lemon
  • 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Heat a saucepan, melt the butter and throw in the onions and chillies for about 3-4 mins until the onions turn translucent.
Then simply throw in the rest of the ingredients, simmer for about 10 minutes and you’re ready to go.


Source: Barbecue Smoker Recipes 

1 comment:

  1. excellent article. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
    I'm really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I’ll certainly Digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

    Best Electric Smokers Under $300

    ReplyDelete