Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roast Salmon & Peppers with Caper Vinaigrette

I love salmon, it always feels like I'm eating healthy when it's on the menu. Tonight I know I'll be eating healthy because I am using this great recipe that is simple and good for you. I think my biggest mistake I make with salmon is that I overcook it. When I order it out it always tastes so good and I think that's because they are cooking it for the right amount of time. I'm getting better about not overcooking my fish and it seems to make a huge difference. The original recipe calls this to be served over 1 cup cooked long grain white rice, I'm replacing that with an arugula salad. (Olivia wasn't crazy about the arugula salad but loved the salmon and other veggies, next time I'll make her some rice)

Ingredients
2 small red bell peppers, quartered
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper
1.5 pounds of skinless salmon
1/4 flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 bag arugula

Preheat oven to 400.
In a large roasting pan, toss the bell peppers, fennel, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 5 minutes. Season salmon with salt and pepper and nestle it among the vegetables. Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.

In a small bowl combine the parsley, capers, vinegar and remaining oil. Mix. Drizzle over salad.

Yummy fresh food
I like how I only use one dish for the entire recipe
Ingredients for the vinaigrette dressing
Roast veggies for 5 minutes in oven
Nestle salmon in partially cooked veggies and return to oven
Plate arugula and drizzle a 1/4  dressing on top
Salmon out of the oven and ready to be plated
Beautiful colors
Ready to eat.

Enjoy!


Serves 4
Calories 429, 18 grams fat, 6.8 grams fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment