Friday, January 21, 2011

Diet Soda Cake

I'm trying to lighten things up around here, but I've been craving sweets so badly that I'm ready to break. I found this recipe here , and had everything in the  house to make it, so here we go! Weight Watchers came up with this recipe so here are the points. 1 cupcakes would be 2 points. 1/12th of cake 5 pts. (this is using the new WW system of points)
I like my cupcakes larger, so I made 18, and would measure mine at 4 points each.

Ingredients
1 dry box cake, any flavor
10 oz diet soda, any flavor
2 egg whites

Preheat oven to box directions. Spray 9x13 pan or line cupcake pan with liners.
Beat cake mix, diet soda and egg whites, pour into pan. Bake as directed on box or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cut cake into 12 pieces. Top with fat free whipping cream if desired, or a light dusting of powdered sugar.

You'll only need the Pam if making the cake version
Pour in the soda
Mix all together
Ready for the oven
They came out of the oven looking perfect
Topped with fat free whipped topping. These cupcakes have a moist orangey taste.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment