Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cupcake Tops

When I was in Los Angeles earlier this year I stopped by a cupcake shop and they were selling these darling mini cupcakes called Cupcake Tops. These little cupcakes resemble a toy top, hence the name, all that's missing is the string :) . They were so cute and  fit perfectly in my mouth that I decided to make my own. Since the 4th of July is right around the corner I dyed them red and blue, but they could be dyed yours any color. This is super easy and cute and will make your guests think you slaved for hours.























Ingredients
2 Boxes White Cake Mix ( Duncan Hines is my choice)
1 Batch Butter Cream Frosting

Preheat oven to 350, heavily spray mini muffin pans with nonstick spray.

Make cake mix following boxed directions, add dye to the batter. Place small scoops of batter into muffin tins and bake for 8 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan to cool before placing on cooking rack. Repeat and make second color of mini cupcakes.

Place Butter Cream Frosting into a piping bag and place small amount of frosting on bottom of red cupcake, place blue cupcake on top of frosting, slightly smooshing the cupcakes together. Place in a cupcake liner. Makes 50+ Cupcake Tops.

Ingredients for cupcakes
Sorry for the dark pics, flash issues!
Ready for the oven
So cute!
The perfect bite!
For my daughter's 15th birthday!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment