Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Homemade Candy Bar (Twix)

What is your favorite candy bar? I go through phases; as a kid I loved 3 Musketeers, my teen self was in love with Snickers, I then went through my 100,000 Grand obsession, Butterfinger craze, PeanutButter Cup love and have finally settled on Milky Way as being my 'go to' candy bar. Kit Kat, and  Twix rank pretty high up there as well and so when I came across this recipe for homemade Twix bars I had to give them a try. Personally they taste nothing like a Twix, but that doesn't stop them from being utterly delicious and decadent!


Ingredients for Cookie
1 c Flour
1/4 c Sugar
1/2 c Butter, room temp

Mix three ingredients until they make up a soft dough. Press into a parchment lined 8x8 pan. Bake at 325 for 22-25 minutes.

Ingredients for Caramel
2 TBSP Corn Syrup
1/2 c Butter
1/2 c Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 c Brown Sugar

While cookie is baking combine all caramel ingredients into a small sauce pan and while stirring constantly bring to a boil. Turn down heat and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Pour over hot cookie (once it's out of the oven :) )  Place in fridge and let cool for an hour.

I used 1 1/2 bars (99g) of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bars for the chocolate topping. I melted the broken up chocolate in a microwave bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave and then poured it over the cooled caramel and cookie base. Let sit for an hour and then lift parchment out of pan, place on counter a and cut into pieces with a large knife.
Ingredients for crust
Ready for the oven
Ingredients for the caramel
Continually stir
Nice and smooth
Pour over baked cookie crust
Place in fridge for an hour
Ready for the chocolate
Smooth it out
Let sit for another hour before cutting
Slice into smaller pieces

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment