Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Black Magic Chocolate Cupcakes

While cleaning out the fridge this week I found a half jug of buttermilk that was about to expire and thought I better use this.... quickly! I've been wanting to make this cake recipe for a while and today was the day. I decided to turn them into cupcakes and as I pulled them from the oven I realized that you CAN NOT over fill the cupcake liners, so remember this recipe makes 24 cupcakes. I frosted some of the cupcakes with leftover chocolate icing I had in my fridge, and I  frosted the rest with my favorite Butter Cream Frosting. This cake is super moist and tastes nothing like coffee, if you are wondering.


Ingredients
1 3/4 c Flour
2 c Sugar
3/4 c Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 eggs
1 c Strong Black Coffee, cooled
1 c Buttermilk
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with 24 liners. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix on medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin. Pour into cakecake liners and bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  If making a cake place in a 9x13 pan and cake for 35-40 minutes.
Ingredients
I placed a scoop of frosting on warm cupcake and let it melt
Easy way to top cupcakes
Three different ways to top the cupcakes


Enjoy!

Source; Just a Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment