Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chipotle's Corn Salsa

One of my favorite restaurants is Chipotle. I love every single thing they offer, my favorite item on their menu is the corn salsa, I always ask for 2 scoops on my burrito bowl. This recipe tastes exactly like Chipotle's version, tonight we had make your own burrito bowls, tomorrow I'm spooning it over Mahi Mahi.




Ingredients

5 cups Frozen Corn
2 Poblano Chilies
1/2 Red Onion
2 Jalapenos
1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Juice from 1 Lime
Juice from ½ Lemon
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Roast the Poblano chilies on a grill or BBQ and let cool. Peel the skin off pepper and dice the Poblano chilies, onion, and  jalapenos. (remember to wear food prep gloves when handling jalapenos)  Combine all the ingredients and season to taste. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. 

Poblano Peppers
I used my panini maker to grill the peppers, you can use
a regular grill 
Look at the gorgeous grill marks
Let cool and peel the skin and remove seeds and top
Dice
Dice Jalapenos peppers
Red Onion
Cilantro
Juice of 1 lime and 1/2 Lemon
Add corn to diced veggies and combine, season with 
salt and pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment