Saturday, July 16, 2011

Red Velvet Brownies

My daughter is on vacation in Panama City and sent me a text message photo of a red velvet brownie. A what??? I immediately jumped online looking for recipes and this one caught my eye. Plus earlier in the day my husband called and informed me he'd volunteered me to bring a dessert to a baby shower, so I gathered up the ingredients and got baking. What an amazing combination of two of my favorite flavors!




Ingredients
1 box Brownie Mix ( 9x13 version) and ingredients to make it, Duncan Hines is my favorite
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix and ingredients to make it, Duncan Hines is my favorite



Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 pan. Make brownies and spread into pan, next make the red velvet cake mix and pour on top of brownies. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (this could take more than 40 minutes so don't panic)  Let cool and frost. I cut  my brownies into squares, placing them in cupcake liners then piping a dollop of frosting on top.

Ingredients for Frosting
1 Stick Butter, softened
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 lb Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Milk, optional for thinner frosting

First the brownie layer
Then the red velvet batter on top
This is what a cross section looks like, yum on top of yum
Decorated for the baby shower
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment