Monday, July 4, 2011

Old Glory Blueberry-Cherry Pie

I swore to myself I wasn't going to bake anything big today, and then of course I did! I'm so excited to share this with you and know it's too late in the day for most of you to make it, but I'm still going to post it. To my friends in Utah, I know you will be celebrating on the 24th of this month and this will be a perfect dessert! This dessert goes together super quick, I cheated and used Marie Calendar's frozen pie dough and canned cherry pie filling. 



Ingredients
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 pint Fresh Blueberries
2 Frozen Pie Shells
1/2 Lemon
1 TBSP Corn Starch
3 TBSP Sugar
Cinnamon
1 Egg White, beaten
Take one pie shell and place on counter, use second pie 
shell and cut crust off rim and use to make a dam.
In small bowl combine sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of cinnamon, mix. 
Squeeze lemon juice over blueberries and then mix sugar mixture into blueberries. 
Blueberries and lemon juice
Sugar mixture
Pour blueberry mixture into wedge shape in pie dish.
 Next pour can of cherry pie filling into rest of pie crust. 
Roll our remaining pie crust and use a small star shaped cookie cutter cut out 3-4 small stars, place on
blueberries. Next use a paring knife and cut some strips out of dough and place on top of
cherry part. 
Using 1 egg white, brush dough and then sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Check at 30 to see if crust
is getting too dark, if so, lightly top with aluminum foil.
 Let cool for at least 3 hours before cutting.


ENJOY! 








No comments:

Post a Comment