Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oreo Cake

I know I've been using a lot of Oreo's lately but when they are in your pantry you feel the urge to gobble them up, so I decided to bake with them....again. I also have an abundance of cake mixes in the pantry right now, believe me when they offer buy one get one free I tend to go nuts. So I pulled out a chocolate cake mix, some chocolate chips, oreos and went to work. I think I am one of the few people who like using cake mixes, don't get me wrong a homemade chocolate cake recipe can be as sacred as anything, but sometimes I can't help using the shortcut that a cake mix offers. 



Ingredients for Cake
1 Chocolate Cake Mix, prepared to packages directions
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips




Prepare cake batter and add chocolate chips before pouring into 2- 8 inch prepared pans. Bake according to directions,  once out of oven let cool for 25 minutes before removing to cooling rack.

Ingredients for Oreo Frosting
2 sticks Unsalted Butter, room temp
1 Pinch Salt
1 TBSP Vanilla, the real stuff!
1 1/2 lbs Powdered Sugar
3/4 TBSP  Cold Milk
25 Oreo cookies, chopped
Duncan Hines Amazing Glaze

Cream the butter and vanilla in a mixer. Begin adding sugar and thoroughly mix before adding more powdered sugar. After all sugar has been added and mixed, begin adding cold milk, one TBSP at a time. Once desired consistency has been reached add chopped Oreo Cookies and mix. Frost your cake. Drizzle glaze over top of cake and pop into fridge to set. Serves 10

Ingredients for frosting
Frost bottom half of cake with half of the frosting
This glaze tasted okay, nothing more, nothing less
Drizzle on top of cake
Ready to serve
Enjoy!




Source; Adapted from My Baking Addiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment