Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Covered Oreos

My husband has a work party tomorrow and I volunteered to bring a plate of goodies. Since it's already super hot and humid in Florida so I have to be very careful about what to make, especially if it's going to be sitting outside for an extended period of time. I decided to make these chocolate chip covered Oreos and my Brownie Covered Oreos . I know that they will both withstand the heat and are easy to eat while standing around at a picnic. I would like to warn you that I've been suffering from a horrific case of asthma this week and so I cheated and used store bought cookie dough; if I was feeling better I would have used this recipe, minus the cadbury eggs and subbing 2 cups chocolate chips. shh don't tell 
anyone! 
I had a lot of people mention to me that they would
love to eat these with ice cream, so keep that in mind.  A large vat of milk is 
also something you might want to keep next to  you. 



Ingredients
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies




Preheat oven to 350. Spray cupcake pans heavily with non stick spray. Place a scoop of cookie dough in bottom of pan, top with Oreo cookie then place another scoop of cookie dough on top of Oreo. Mush down cookie dough so that it covers Oreo completely. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown on top. LET COOL COMPLETELY in pan before using a knife to help remove cookie from pan. These are large cookies so give them plenty of time to cool.

Ready to go into the oven
Letting them cool
I took these to a party and before serving placed them in cupcake holders

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Christina..
    how many packages of store bought chocolate chip cookie dough do you need to make a batch of these and how many oreos also?
    Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made 50 of these and used 2 bags of double stuffed Oreos and 5 or 6 tubes of cookie dough, I can't remember. To make a good amount for your family 2 tubes of dough and 1 bag of cookies would be plenty. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete