Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Christmas Eve Eve!

Merry Christmas eve eve everyone! I've been scouring my cookbooks and websites for some delicious goodies to make for the big day. I've decided to go with this yummy cake for Christmas night, we are having some good friends over for dessert and I thought this would stop the show! I'm a little nervous about using the marshmallow frosting instead of cream cheese, but we all gotta try something now and then right? I am going to try and mimic her white chocolate trees for the top of the cake also, my thought is 'go big or go home'.
I had to share my super cute and easy kitchen table centerpiece!


I'm also making a chocolate/peppermint bundt cake, this one is super easy. I'm using a chocolate cake mix, (cake mixes are really good and when in a time pinch they do the trick) follow the directions on the box and add  2 tsp peppermint extract to batter. Bake in bundt pan. I'm topping mine with Martha's  frosting, but I'm going cut the recipe in half, who needs 4 cups of frosting? I know I do, but not tomorrow :)


 For Christmas Eve my husband Tom is smoking pork ribs in his new smoker, I'll be posting pics and a recipe for that tomorrow. He wanted me to find a corn succotash recipe that is similar to Cheesecake Factory's and I think I found a good one. Fingers crossed people!

                                                                  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment