Sunday, December 12, 2010

Here goes nothing!


I've decided to start a food blog and am very excited about it. I've been currently posting recipes and pictures on facebook but feel like I can share so much more on a blog dedicated to food!


Yesterday Olivia and I decided we wanted to make gifts for her friends and came up with this cute idea. All you need is a bag of marshmallows (large), white or chocolate almond bark, sprinkles, sucker sticks, bags and ribbon.
I put 3 large marshmallows on a sucker stick and then melted the bark (or melting bits that can be found at Joanne's, Michaels, Wal-mart) in the microwave in 30 second intervals. I then spooned the melted bark over the top and sides of the marshmallows, before it dries pour some cute holiday sprinkles over the top and sides. I then push the sucker stick into a piece of Styrofoam to let it dry upright. Let sit until dry, put into a clear bag and tie with a ribbon.
Easy, cheap and darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment