Sunday, December 26, 2010

Homemade Pasta


When my kids were younger I always made homemade pasta noodles, but for some reason (life/me getting too busy) I quit making it. Olivia found my pasta maker  crammed into the back of the pantry and asked if I would teach her how to make it. I still have all the tools to make the pasta and the cold/windy day today made it seem like the perfect time.

The tools 


Ingredients for Pasta
2 c flour
2 eggs
less than a 1/4 c olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
water
( I love adding additional ingredients to my pasta like, garlic, spinich or tomato paste)



Follow directions on pasta machine to make the pasta of your choice, ie. spaghetti, linguine, etc. If you do not own a pasta maker then roll the dough out onto a floured countertop and using a pizza cutter cut into thin strips.

After making the style of pasta you want then hang the pieces on the drying rack or over the back of your kitchen chairs. Let dry. 

You can store in a ziploc bag in freezer, but it's best to use it the same day as it's made.


Put flour, eggs, olive oil and salt into food processor and start. 
Add a small amount of water and continue adding water until mixture turns into a ball. 
Remove from Cuisinart and divide into 3 pieces. 
Feed pasta into machine

The 3 balls of dough are now thin and flat
Place flat pieces of dough into the cutting side of pasta maker


Drying rack
Make sure to separate all of the pasta
Dry the pasta
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment