Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Popcorn to Cheer About

Another Wednesday another fun cheer treat! I got this idea from Our Best Bites and tweaked it a bit, I wasn't sure if the kids would like nuts in theirs, so I left them out and subbed Reeces Pieces instead.  This is a super fun and easy treat to make, the cheerleaders loved it and so did I. The yummy sweetness of the white almond bark mixed with the salty bite from the popcorn, so ying and yang! ( if I was making this for adults I'd add either peanuts or cashews and some pretzels)
I absolutely love candy corn and I'm sure you'll start noticing a trend here for the next month or so...candy corn used in lots of different ways! I only buy them this time of year, they are super fresh and tasty. I also love to use them as fillers in glass vases for some of my Halloween centerpieces.





Ingredients
1 pkg White Almond Bark ( I buy mine at WalMart)
3 pkgs Popped Microwave Popcorn
2 c Candy Corn
1 c M&M's
1/2 c Reeces Pieces


Prepare your work space by laying out 2 large sheets of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pop the popcorn in your microwave and place in a large bowl. Add candies. Melt almond bark in microwave for approx a 90 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate over the top of the popcorn and candy mixture and dig in with your hands and mix mix mix. Dump covered popcorn out onto parchment sheets and let cool. Once cooled break into pieces and enjoy. Store in a airtight container.  I was able to get approx 15 goodie bags out of this recipe.

Break up Almond Bark and place in a microwave bowl
Pop popcorn and place in large bowl
Candy, mmmm
Put candy into same bowl as popcorn
Pour chocolate over the top of the mixture
Combine and lay on parchment paper to dry


I bagged mine in plastic bags with curling ribbon

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment