Monday, September 19, 2011

Cuban Sandwiches with Sriracha Mayo

Living here in Florida has helped introduce me to many new foods, one of which is the Cuban Sandwich.
I tried to avoid the Cuban for years,  (not a huge sandwich fan) but recently on a visit up to UF I had one and FELL IN LOVE! Of course me being me I had to change it up a bit. I'm not into swiss cheese so I substitute mozzarella and for me the pickles are a personal choice. The sriracha mayo adds a super kick and you've gotta give this sandwich a try!
Cuban bread is super easy to find here in Florida, every grocery store carries it, but if you can't find it, (it looks like a baguette) try french bread or an italian baguette.



Ingredients
Shredded Pork
 ( my hubby smoked some pork but you can cook your own or even use two different kinds of ham)
Sliced Ham
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Pickles
Mustard
2 TBSP Sriracha Sauce
1/2 c Mayo
1 Loaf Cuban Bread


Heat sandwich press (skillet if you don't have a press). In a small bowl mix mayo and sriracha sauce and set aside. Take loaf of bread and cut into 4 large pieces, slice lengthwise.  Spread sriracha mayo on one side of bread, and mustard on the other. Place cheese, shredded pork, ham slices and pickles on sandwich.  Shut the sandwich and grease sandwich press with butter, place sandwich on press and close lid. Let cook until insides are melted and bread is crunchy, about 5-10 minutes. Slice cooked sandwich on the angle and serve with more sriracha mayo.
Makes 4
Ingredients
My sandwich press
Mayo and Sriracha
Mix
Slice bread lengthwise
Spread Sriracha Mayo on one side, mustard on the other
(my personal preference is no mustard)
Add ham and cheese
Spread shredded pork on top
Place sandwiches on buttered gill
Cook
Ready to take off
So delicious!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment