Saturday, January 14, 2012

Strawberry and Cream Filled Crepes

When I was growing  up my mom would make us a treat on Sunday nights, Dutch pancakes, aka crepes. We would beg her to make these and then gobble them up so quickly, they were the perfect nighttime treat. We would put some butter and white sugar on ours and then roll them up and stuff them into our mouths. As an adult my tastes have changed just a bit, I prefer fresh fruit and cream in mine instead of granulated sugar, lol.

My daughter had a sleepover last night and I woke up to four hungry 15 year old girls, I was shocked that I had everything in the house to make these tasty treats for the girls. They loved them!



Ingredients 
1 1/2 c Flour
1 TBSP Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 c Milk
2 TBSP butter, melted
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
Fresh Strawberries sliced and sprinkled with 1 tsp sugar
Whipping Cream

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat with hand mixer until smooth. Lightly butter 6-8 inch skillet; heat over medium heat until butter is bubbly. For each crepe pour a scant 1/4 c batter into the skillet; immediately rotate skillet until thin film covers bottom. Cook until light brown. Run wide spatula around the edge to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown. Stack crepes with wax paper in-between each.

Place cooked crepe on a plate, spoon strawberry mixture on top, add whipped cream and roll.   Top with additional strawberries and cream. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!



Source; Betty Crocker's Cookbook





No comments:

Post a Comment