Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rice and Artichoke Salad





I can't believe that it's January already, time has flown by so quickly. I apologize for being so lax on updating my food blog, this past year has been a year of change for me, and as of New Years Eve I've lost 70 pounds....yes you read that right! I've worked so hard and am so proud of myself; but the one thing that has suffered has been my food blog. I vow to post more recipes and not just fattening ones like the one listed below, lol. I had this at a holiday party and loved it so much I made it Christmas Day. It's super simple and is a delicious side for any meal. 


Ingredients
1 8 oz box Chicken Rice a Roni
1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts (reserve the liquid)
2 1/2 cups mayo
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts
1 6 oz can ripe black olives chopped
1 bunch green onions chopped  


Cook rice in skillet per directions on the box-set aside.  Blend artichoke liquid in the mayo.  Combine rice, mayo mixture, artichoke hearts, olives and green onion.  Chill over night.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment