Tuesday, May 29, 2012

White Sangria

A few years ago one of my dearest friends moved back to New Jersey, leaving me heartbroken and lonely. Luckily for me she bought a condo down here in Florida and comes back a few times a year. We've started somewhat of a tradition, going to her place, eating food and drinking wine; it's my favorite kind of tradition!! This time I volunteered to bring Sangria...even though I'd never made it or even tried it before. I went home and scoured the internet for recipes, decided I didn't like any of them and made up my own. This recipe is so easy and delicious that you will want to volunteer to bring it to your next girls night out.



Ingredients
1 bottle Riesling Wine, chilled
1/2 green apple finely chopped
1/2 red apple finely chopped
Handful of green grapes
Sliced strawberries, 6-8
1 orange sliced
1 lemon sliced
Club Soda
Disaronno (Italian liquor)

Directions
Place wine and club soda in fridge to chill. Cut up all fruit and place into a glass container, I bought mine at WalMart for $4. After fruit is in the pitcher add 1 bottle of Riesling and a large "glug" of Disaronno. Stir and place in fridge for at least 6 hours, overnight is best. Right before serving add enough club soda to fill up the pitcher. Pour and enjoy! (the fruit was so yummy we offered spoons along with the wine glasses)


Ingredients
Slice and chop fruit
Add alcohol 
Refrigerate 
Before serving add club soda to help 'cut the sweet'
Delish! 

Make sure you allow some of the fruit to get into the wine glass
Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Looks FABULOUS! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and miss you too sista!! Be back in July for another Girls Night! Lex and her friend polished off the rest today.....and all the fruit. YUMMMM See ya soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete