Monday, May 21, 2012

Iced Coffee

This past year I've been on a major diet and have lost 90 pounds..... I will wait for your applause... Everyone asks me what my secret is and I am about to finally share it....iced coffee! I've been drinking this during the day and it keeps my tummy full and since I'm using fat free creamer it is a delicious nonfat treat!


For Christmas my husband bought me one of these, and it changed my life! I started making iced coffee right away, but my problem was I was going through those little k-cups so quickly! I decided to make a large batch of coffee to store in the fridge and so far it's worked out great! I made a 1/2 gallon for the pictures, but this recipe makes a gallon.

Ingredients
1 bag ground coffee, any flavor, any brand
Cheesecloth
Coffee filters
1 gallon water
Creamer, any flavor...but remember fat free is awesome!!

Directions
In a gallon sized container filled with water add one bag coffee. Stir, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.

The next day, remove coffee from fridge and set up a straining system. I used a strainer lined with cheesecloth and placed this on top of another pitcher. Slowly pour the coffee through the cheesecloth into the new pitcher; this takes a little bit of time and patience.


Once coffee is strained you are ready to make your iced coffee. Grab a glass and fill it with ice, next pour desired amount of coffee into the glass, top with creamer, stir and indulge! I like a lot of creamer in mine!! This coffee base can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to a month.

Ingredients
Pour coffee grounds into pitcher of water
Stir and refrigerate, loving the S
Make sure to cover pitcher
The next day you will strain the coffee grounds
I used cheesecloth, super cheap and can be found at the grocery store

 Pour coffee through cheesecloth
The grounds all end up in the cheesecloth and not the pitcher
Ingredients for the good part
Pour creamer over ice and coffee, stir


Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. This is exactly the recipe I need! I've been wanting to try making my own iced coffee, but need someone to break it down for me! Thanks so much! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete