Monday, November 28, 2011

Chocolate Frosting

My oldest son turned 22 last Saturday and he requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I'm always on the lookout for frosting recipes, and when my neighbor recommended this one I knew I needed to try it. All I can say is YUMMMMM!! It's super easy and really chocolaty; you've got to give this a try! 






Ingredients

  • 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
  • 9 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk

Directions

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. This recipe makes way more than you need for a 2 layer cake, but I'd rather have too much than too little. I froze the remainder of the frosting for future use.





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment