Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe


I don’t want to flat out say that fall has come to Central Florida because I don’t want to jinx this wonderful humid free weather, but shhh, I think fall is here. 

I’ve decided to share with you a second pumpkin bread recipe, I mean who doesn’t love pumpkin bread and who doesn’t love more than one recipe for it? This is my old stand by recipe; I adapted it from The LionHouse Cookbook one that puts dates, raisins and nuts in theirs. I leave all that stuff out and add chocolate!!! I doubled my batch today since it seems like a loaf  disappears overnight.




Ingredients
1 1/3 c Sugar
1/3 c Shortening
2 Eggs, well beaten
1 c Pumpkin
1 ¾ c Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Cloves ( I was out of cloves today and subbed Allspice)
½ tsp Salt
1 heaping c Chocolate Chips

Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.  Add eggs and pumpkin. Sift dry ingredients together and add to the mixture. Add to pumpkin mixture. Pour into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Makes one large loaf. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before moving bread to cooling rack.

Ingredients
Right out of the oven

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment