Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pie

I've been wanting to try this recipe for years and I've never made it a priority until today. I absolutely love chocolate chips and have been known to hide an open bag in the freezer just for me. This pie goes together so quickly and I'm almost positive you'll have most of the ingredients already in your pantry and fridge, so get baking!



Ingredients
1 unbaked 9 inch Deep Dish Pie Shell
2 large Eggs
1/2 c Flour
1/2 c Sugar
1/2 c packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 sticks Butter, softened
1 c Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 c Nuts (optional, I didn't use them)

Preheat oven to 325.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon into pie shell. Place on cookie sheet before baking.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. ( I ended up baking mine for closer to 70 minutes, but every oven is different) Cool on wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Ingredients
After mixing up filling
Pour into pie shell an bake

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment