Monday, August 13, 2012

Green Salsa


I've always been threatened by tomatillos, don't ask me why, but they just looked scary. I mean they have a weird peel and look like under-ripe tomatoes. I decided to conquer my fears and I am so glad I did. This salsa is so tasty and quick, and it lasts in the fridge for up to a week. We made steak nachos last night and this was the perfect topping. ( I located the tomatillos in the produce department by the cilantro)




Ingredients 
1 lb washed and peeled tomatillos
1/3 bunch cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and all
1 thick slice red onion
1 garlic clove
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp salt

Place quartered tomatillos into bottom of blender. Next add remaining ingredients and turn blender on, blend until pureed. That is it! Simple and delicious. If you want it spicier add another jalapeno, if you want it thinner add more tomatillos.
Ingredients
Peeled, washed and quartered tomatillos
Drop into blender
Give it a whirl
Done!



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment