Saturday, June 16, 2012

Restaurant Style Salsa

I don't know why it is every time I go into a Mexican restaurant I swear I'm going to eat healthy...but it never happens. As soon as I sit down and the warm chips and salsa appear I lose myself in the experience. Food just seems to taste better when there are sombreros hanging on the walls and margaritas are flowing. Don't you agree?



This recipe is for restaurant style salsa, you know the kind, pureed and spicy. I couldn't believe how quickly it came together, one minute the ingredients were on my counter, the next I was shoveling salsa down my throat.

My salsa came out super spicy and that's because I kept the jalapeno seeds in, so if you want a milder version make sure you remove the seeds.



Ingredients
14 oz can diced tomatoes
10 oz can Rotel tomatoes, original
1/2 small onion,
1 jalapeno, seeds removed if you want milder salsa
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
3/4 c cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime

Place all ingredients into either food processor or blender. Let blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency.

That's it! Super simple and delicious! Serve with chips or your favorite mexican meal.
Ingredients
Mix


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment